VAS SHIELD MECHANISM
• The SAI shield on the Corsair-V has only a single axis pivot point but the Corsair-X has the new VAS mechanism with a variable axis incorporating a moving pivot point. By combining the pin trajectory, which is based on an imaginary axis, with the two trajectories of the double pivot point slot, the shield opens and closes smoothly even with the much lower shield mount position.
• A dual-function lever releases both the side cover / pod and shield pin for quick and simple shield removal. Being able to see the shield mechanism allows for easier shield changes.
IMPROVED GLANCE OFF ABILITY
• The VAS pivot cover is now smaller and lower than the previous design, yielding an average of 24mm more area above the cover. The shell is now smoother along the Snell test line in the temple area, thus increasing the helmet's ability to glance off objects during an impact.
• Compared with the shell of the Corsair-V, the smooth area around the temple is increased by an average of 24mm on the new VAS model. Having a rounder, smoother shell over a larger area increases the ability of a helmet to glance off objects more easily.
IMPROVED SHIELD LATCH
• The VAS latch captures and securely holds the shield closed to help prevent unexpected opening. In addition to the de-mist function, the larger latch allows for intuitive and seamless shield operation.
• Created from super fiber and special synthetic fibers, and assembled by Arai experts, the shell provides both superb tensile strength and flexibility characteristics. Like the metal bands used to hold a wooden barrel together, a variety of carefully placed materials, combined with newly developed resins result in strong shells with less weight.
DIFFUSER TYPE 12
• New Type 12 diffusers are 20mm longer and take in 19% more air than the previous design. In addition, the new air intake vents have three positions and are designed to help provide improved sealing which decreases road noise and water intrusion.
• The fully removable interior comfort liner has been improved and updated with Eco-Pure material, which helps maintain a neutral pH level close to the skin. In addition, the new, soft frame material is more comfortable and features removable temple padding and brand new removable/replaceable crown pad to allow for a customized fit.
VAS MAX-V (BV) SHIELD
• VAS Max Vision shield is standard to provide better visibility in all seasons and for all types of riding. A clear Pinlock insert is standard with the Corsair-X.
• The new IC Duct-5 provides 11% more air flow than the previous Delta Duct 5. The new, bigger switch features three positions, is easier to open, and limits water intrusion when fully closed.
• The new chin curtain accentuates the egg-shaped form of the outer shell. In addition, it blocks the intrusion of turbulent air from the underside of the helmet and increases negative pressure to enhance the function of the chin vent by drawing more air from the mouth area.
• The Corsair-X has Arai's INTERMEDIATE OVAL (IO) interior fit shape. Longer front-to-back and a little narrower side-to-side (as compared to Round Oval).
• Meets or exceeds Snell 2020 and US D.O.T. FMVSS 218 standards
• Weight: 3.55 lbs / 1610 grams (based on size large solid color)
• Available Sizes: XS - 2XL
• Warranty: 5 years
• TR# 885799-804
**Helmets ordered with headsets installed may not be returned for refund or exchange.
Once fitted, we welcome customers to return a helmet at any time to have a headset professionally installed by our staff.
**Fluorescent and/or bright finishes fade over time and exposure to sunlight. This is normal and is not covered by warranty.