The original Arai SZ open face sport helmet was born in 1988. Now 30 years later the RAM-X comes with the VAS-Z Pro Shade System shield pursuing protection in an evolutionary form that strives for glancing off. The open face that evolves everything: ventilation, interior, liner, and shell, bringing even more comfort as a touring model. The new Ram-X raises the bar for the next generation of protection.
COMPLETELY REDESIGNED SHELL AND SHIELD SYSTEM
• The RAM-X features the newly developed VAS-Z shield system, with a lower pivot point that allows the shell to be smoother in the temple area improving the helmet’s ability to slide more smoothly should it contact the ground or obstacles, contributing to gains in protection. This lower pivot position is possible due to the dual-pivot assembly, creating a “Variable Axis System” for which the system was named, allowing the shield to function where a single pivot could not.
HIGH-TECH, ONE-PIECE, MULTI-DENSITY LINER INSIDE
• A fundamental Arai feature has always been the One-Piece, Multi-Density Liner. Molding all of the EPS densities into a one-piece EPS liner allows the various densities to work together during an impact. This allows Arai to make a thinner and softer EPS liner for a smaller overall helmet.
• Utilizing the same diffusers as Arai’s flagship Corsair-X model, with a revised stationary aero stabilizer wing to improve helmet stability and further reduce rider fatigue.
• Weight reduction was achieved by decades of continual strengthening of the shell and a newly developed Z-compound resin combining multiple resins into one.
PRO SHADE SYSTEM
• Up, down or in the middle the new shield system adapts to many light conditions without sacrificing helmet impact absorption performance. The Pro Shade’s unique design lets air pass through even at high speed.
• Removable foam in the top of the earcup allows the arms of glasses to easily slide into the helmet. The earcups are easy to remove from the helmet and have removable covers for easy washing and access to this removable part.
• The RAM-X has Arai's INTERMEDIATE OVAL (IO) interior fit shape.
• Meets or exceeds Snell 2020 and US D.O.T. FMVSS 218 standards
• Weight: 3.70 lbs / 1679 grams (based on size large solid color)
• Available Sizes: XS - 2XL
• Warranty: 5 years
• TR# 886032-37
**Helmets ordered with headsets installed may not be returned for refund or exchange.
Once fitted, we welcome customers to return a helmet at any time to have a headset professionally installed by our staff.
**Fluorescent and/or bright finishes fade over time and exposure to sunlight. This is normal and is not covered by warranty.